Going to the zoo is every kid’s favorite thing to do or in this case a grown woman’s favorite things to do 🙂 #NoShame
The zoo is a fun thing to do during the summer but in Texas it’s a fun thought until you go out under the Texas sun and quickly realize it’s not so fun. I decided to take you along with me as I got ready for a day at the zoo.
Texas weather means little clothing so I went for some jean shorts, a sheer top, a leopard print bralette, a flannel top, and some sneakers.
1. Shorts: Forever 21
2. Top: Forever 21
3. Bralette: Victoria’s Secret
4: Flannel top: unknown
5: Sneakers: Millys (Local shoe store)
Whenever I’m going to the zoo I always take a backpack to make sure my hands are free.
1. Backpack: Charming Charlie
2. Body Spray: Victoria’s Secret
3. Water bottle
4. Makeup Bag: Sephora
*Items in bag will be underlined throughout tutorial*
5. Wallet: Burlington Coat Factory
Since I’ll be out in the sun all day I decided to apply a moisturizer with SPF and a lip balm before applying my makeup.
Moisturizer: Sephora Collection 8 Hr Mattifying Moisturizer
Lip balm: NIVEA Smoothness Hydrating Lip Care *
You know I never go without applying a primer, on my eyelids AND my face.
Eye primer: Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion (Original)
Face primer: Urban Decay Pore Perfecting Complexion Primer Potion
After applying my eye primer I’ll go in with my shadows.
1. Lid color: I apply this all over my eyelid
2. Transition shade: I apply this in my crease and a little bit higher with a MAC 217 brush
3. Crease color: I take that same MAC 217 brush and concentrate this color just in my crease bringing it a little lower than the transition shade.
I then applied my foundation and concealer with my two separate sponges that I’ve mentioned in previous tutorials.
*Ignore my crazy looking face in my concealer pic
1. Foundation: L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte (105 – Natural Beige)
2. Concealer: Maybelline FitMe Concealer (Medium)
I then set my foundation with a powder, especially under my eyes to prevent from creasing.
Face Powder: Sephora Collection 8 HR Mattifying Compact (31 – Almond)
*Brush is a nameless face brush from Amazon*
My favorite thing to do: BRONZE! I usually opt out of blush during the summer months since I am a little more red than usual.
1. Bronzer: Benefit Cosmetics Hoola Matte Bronzer
2. Brush: Real Technique Expert Face Brush
The only thing I’ll add other than bronzer is a highlight.
1. Highlight: Becca Cosmetics x Jaclyn Hill – Prosecco Pop
*I have a review on this palette, CLICK HERE to check it out
2. Brush: This brush came with one of my Milani bronzers
I’ll tame my brows with some clear brow gel, I chose clear so when I sweat I won’t have a brown stream of makeup going down my face. I also choose waterproof mascara for the same reason. I then finish the look with a light tinted lip gloss.
1. Brow Gel: E.L.F. Clear Brow & Lash Mascara
2. Mascara: Maybelline Chaotic Colossal Mascara (Waterproof)
3. Lip gloss: Too Faced Melted Chihuahua
I curled my hair for the zoo (Which later was a horrible idea because it was way too hot to have my hair loose)
Curling Iron: Revlon Rose Gold Curling Iron (1 1/4″)
Thank you for reading! I hope you stick around for more.
Comment down below what’s your favorite thing to do during the summer 🙂