👅 Happy Thirsty Thursday! 👅
It seems like lately everyone has been so damn obsessed with the Fenty Beauty by Rihanna. I’m usually one to stay away from over-hyped products until the craze has gone down because people usually just hype things up because of the name slapped on the product. I won’t lie though, I was curious as to why so many people, especially people of color, were so excited for this product.
I walked into Sephora to buy my usual primer and I figured getting color matched for Fenty couldn’t hurt. At that time my actual shade was out of stock so I figured it just wasn’t meant to be. A week and a half later they called me to let me know that my shade was back in stock and I only had until the end of the day to purchase it.
I went in thinking “I’ll return it next week when I’m done testing it” because I imagined it not being any different than the usual foundations. Mind you I’ve never had problems finding my shade so I wasn’t worried about color matching but rather testing out the formula and how it wore on my oily skin.
NOW IT’S THE PIECE OF THE WEEK!!
I’ve never gotten so many compliments on my makeup in one day! The finish was flawless and this foundation totally did not let my oily skin affect the overall look. I was surprised to see it work so well.
My sister, who is a professional makeup artist, also approved the foundation (she’s currently buying each shade.)
What I’m learning about this foundation:
- Oily Skin + Fenty: I think this works best for oily/combo skin. I don’t know anyone who has dry skin so I can’t give my opinion on that but I really do recommend this to my oily/combo ladies (and men) out there.
- Setting Sprays, Bye Bye: I learned that if you use a primer with a silicone base and a setting spray after, it will usually cause the makeup to break apart throughout the day. I think using this without a setting spray was the best thing I could have done for the wear of this foundation.
- Shades for Days: Everyone has talked about the variety of shades the line has but it really is amazing. There are so many undertones which made it so different from the previous foundation.
- Matte Finish: Like my all time favorite foundation (L’oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation) this foundation has a matte finish which I need in my life.
- MINIMAL GLASS CREASE: OMG! I mentioned in a previous Facebook Live that if anyone can find a foundation that doesn’t crease where my glasses sit they’ll be a lifesaver. Just want to say no one helped my ass out here but I found it!
What products, from the Fenty Beauty line, are you the most thirsty for? 👅
Adios Borrachxs! 💋