I’ve said it time and time and again I’m a hairy girl! I’m not going to sugar coat it, men probably think I’m a man when they see my overgrown mustache and feel my unshaven legs (can we say SINGLE any louder?!)
I got my first Brazilian bikini wax about two months ago and I’ve never looked back since! There are so many things I wish I knew before getting a bikini wax because maybe I would have gone in sooner or stayed away even longer, I don’t know…
- Ingrowns are Going to Happen: Yes, I know, you probably thought waxing would save you from the horrifying in-grown hair but they’ll still be there to haunt you but don’t be sad! There are plenty of ways to get rid of them… (post coming soon? who knows ?)
- You Won’t Instantly Be Hairless: Say what?! Yeah, your hair grows in different cycles which means when you go in and wax, your waxer may not be able to wax all of the hairs due to length. The key to getting a hairless kitty cat is by making waxing a routine which will then have your hairs on the same cycle! SCIENCE!
- Your Hair Grows Back Slower & Thinner: Being hairy came with even worse side effects… thick DARK hair… yeah… so when I got this wax done and realized I had skin beneath all the hair I was relieved! Then at the 3-week mark, it didn’t look like an overgrown forest! The fact that my hair grew thinner and slower, that’s what sold me!
- You + Your Waxing Specialist = BFF: I mean, how can you not be besties with someone who has looked at your vagina in a non-sexual way? She’s literally staring at a strangers vagina, you better be her BFF! At my second appointment, I was unbuttoning my pants before the door was even shut and I dropped them so fast she hadn’t even prepared my table.
- Going Before Your Period = HORROR STORY: I mean if your pain tolerance is higher than mine, which it probably is because I’m a little bitch, by all means, wax right before your period. I, however, am so sensitive before my period that I can’t even have that thought in my head. I stay away from the waxing center until AFTER my period.
- Maintenance. Maintenance. Maintenance: Bish you thought. You thought you could wax your vajayjay and move on with your life but nope! Ingrowns are a real thing and exfoliating your vagina is on trend now. These are all things that you must do to keep the kitty on it’s A game. Let’s not even get started on follow-up appointments. Hello, it ain’t gonna wax itself ?♀️
What are some of the things you wish you knew before waxing the girly down there?
If you haven’t waxed before, which one of these points was the most helpful?
Adios Borrachxs! ?
Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | Facebook The Happy Hour Podcast
8 thoughts on “6 Things I Wish I Knew Before Getting a Bikini Wax”
Lol loved this post! I’ve always wanted to get my kitty waxed lol but i’m too much of a chicken!!! Thanks for the tip on ingrown hair though. Ahh does it hurt really bad when you’re getting waxed for the first time?
Does it hurt really bad? I mean it depends on your pain tolerance but I do recommend taking a painkiller (over the counter) not too crazy but that should help with the pain. It hurt less than I expected but it definitely is not painless.
Honestly, great points! Love the one about being BFFs with your waxer because… yea! HAHA
xo, Taylor || The Millennial Sprinkle (thesprinkle.tayloramead.com)
LOL I’m still nervous, but you pretty much sold me with slower and thinner. Sounds every bit worth the pain!
Hahaha yasss to all of these things! I go monthly and it is the best decision I’ve made, but there is still some maintenance!
Thanks for this info! I am so scared of the pain – I still might do it!
Such an interesting post! I’ve never had a bikini wax before, so it was neat to learn a little more about the process. I will definitely keep this post in mind if I get one in the future 🙂
XO, SS || Seersucker Sass
Haha, yes, everyone should be BFFs with their waxer! That has to be an awkward job sometimes! Or all the time!