Men’s skin care is usually put on the back burner due to the whole machismo/ “lack of” masculinity that stops them from catering to their skin care needs. Can I just begin by saying “Men, you need to take care of your skin too.” Those breakouts or pores are due to the dirt that has built up throughout time. So can we all get on the skin care wagon? No, washing your face with your body wash is not the same thing as washing your face. I finally convinced my friend Velentino to let me show him how to “properly” care for his face and he was in love at the end of it all.
|These are the items that I used and some that I didn’t but recommend to use
if you wish to really care for you skin.
traduccion: Estos son los productos que usamos y algunos que no
Let’s see how we can prevent this. Veamos como podemos evitar que tus poros se vuelvan gigantes.
I first explained to Velentino (Tino) what were the products we were using and why I suggested these. He was more than open to the whole idea so he was constantly asking questions. So what do I suggest and why?
1. Face Wash / Jabon para lavar la cara: I think if you’re going to take anything out of this post is to at least get a good face wash. Washing your face is essential in taking care of your skin. Most men don’t realize but everyone’s skin is different. You might have dry, oily, or a combination skin, and you know what? A lot of products cater to these needs. I used a shin control cleansing gel for Tino since his face tends to be on the oily side of the spectrum.
2. Face Mask/ Mascarilla para la cara: Tino wasn’t too excited about trying on a mask so we skipped that step. The reason I like a mask is because the mask brings out all the dirt and oils that are within your pores. By bringing them out, they are now on the surface of your skin, making step three a little easier. Typically you could do this 1-2 a week.
3. Nose Strips: Step three always seems to be men’s favorite part. A nose strip. Nose strips completely extract all that dirt out of your pores and bring them to a sticky strip which you can just toss into the trash. These strips are most commonly used for your nose but some companies do create strips for your chin and forehead just depending on where you tend to have the most blackheads. You should use these maybe once every two weeks.
El tercer paso suele ser la parte favorita de la mayoria de los hombres. Tiras para quitar puntos negros. La funcion principal de las tiras anti-puntos negros es quitar toda la suciedad que hay en tus poros. Normalmente estas tiras son creadas para la nariz, pero hay diferentes tipos que funcionan para la barbilla o la frente dependiendo de en donde sea tu zona con mas puntos negros. Estas pueden usarse una vez cada dos semanas.
4. After Care: In order to get a clean face you have to extract all the dirt that is beneath the surface, this might cause a breakout the first time you go through this whole process. In order to minimize those breakouts is by caring for your skin after doing all of these things. So what I let Tino have was a blemish serum that would minimize any blemishes that may arise. With this serum, I also gave him a spot treatment for a stubborn pimple here and there. These two items combined will combat any blemish that comes your way.
Para tener una cara mas limpia primero se debe limpiar a profundidad, esto puede causar que tengas brotes la primera vez que uses este proceso. Para poder minimizar estos brotes es necesario seguir cuidando la piel aun despues de lavarla. Lo que le di a Tino es un suero para espinillas, este ayudara a minimizar y secar cualquier brote que pueda tener. Ademas del suero, le di un tratamiento para espinillas mas dificiles de tratar. Con estos dos productos podras combatir cualquier espinilla o barro.
5. EXTRAS: So what didn’t I use but have in the picture? I didn’t use a mask like I mentioned. I also didn’t use sunscreen, face cleansing wipes, face scrub and lip balm. I didn’t use these because Tino and I were in his home, later in the day, and he didn’t really have to. The reason I brought these over was because these were extra steps but they didn’t need them as long as they cleanse their face often.
Lo que no usamos pero que esta en la foto de los productos: No usamos la mascarilla ni el bloqueadors solar, toallas limpiadoras, jabon exfoliante ni balsamo para labios. No usamos estos productos porque Tino y yo estabamos en su casa, en la tarde, y en realidad no era necesario que los usara. La razon por la que traje esos productos tambien es porque son pasos extras que no son necesarios mientras limpies tu cara constantemente.
- Sunscreen: Men don’t realize how essential sunscreen is. If you don’t apply sunscreen this will not only overexpose you to the sun but this will also age your skin faster, and let’s be honest, no one wants that.
- Bloqueador solar: Los hombres no se dan cuenta de lo importante que es usar bloqueador solar. Si no usas bloqueador solar no solo te expones al sol sino que tambien acelera el envejecimiento, y seamos honestos, nadie quiere eso.
- Cleansing Wipes: I also brought him cleansing wipes so he can cleanse his face throughout the day. Some days we feel like our face is oily or dirty that’s where these wipes come in. Just wipes off the dirt and you’ll feel refreshed again.
- Toallitas limpiadoras: Tambien traje las toallitas limpiadoras para que durante el dia el pueda limpar su cara. Hay dias en que nuesta piel se siente grasosa y sucia durante el dia y entoces es cuando podemos usar estas toallitas. Limpian y refrescan tu piel.
- Lip balm: I know this is very feminine, I know, but it really does help. It will prevent chapped lips by adding moisture and some lip balms also have SPF which protects your skin, once again.
- Balsamo para labios: Se que esto es muy femenino, pero en realidad ayuda. Sirve para prevenir labios quebradizos y secos porque humecta los labios y ademas tiene SPF que protege tus labios del sol.
- Face scrub: Most people don’t know this but having dead skin cells is a reason some people have breakouts, and also creates dry patches on your skin. If you remove your dead skin cells maybe once a week or maybe every other week (depending how sensitive your skin is) it allows new cells to repair your skin and create a blemish free canvas
- Exfoliante: La mayoria de la gente no sabe esto pero las celulas muertas tambien causan que te salgan granos o espinillas y causa que se reseque la piel. Si una vez a la semana quitaras las celulas muertas con un exfoliante ayudarias a que tu piel se mantenga mas limpia y sana.
3 thoughts on “Men’s Skin Care Tips || Informative”
This type of article is interesting and fun to read. I like reading and I am always searching for informative info like this. Skin Care Tips
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it 🙂
Tretinoin works in a simple way to solve these two skin problems. One is that it hastens the renewal of skin cells such that new skin cells surface and sheds off the old and dull ones.